Private parties in the Parlour
Please note that until we get the government go-ahead, the Parlour remains closed.
We have restored the charming C18th oak-framed Parlour upstairs and it is now light-filled, intimate and perfect for either for a private lunch or a celebratory dinner. The room is available for a minimum of eight and a maximum of 12 guests, seated at the oak rectangular table.
An unusual feature of the Parlour is the bookcase filled with old cookery books. Guests are welcome to browse and books can be put on the bill and taken home.
Please make your initial enquiry about booking the Parlour by email to email@example.com giving the date, proposed numbers, occasion, your name and phone number and whether there are any special requests. We will get back to you within 24 hours.
How it works ... the room, menus and guests
- To avoid misunderstandings and ensure a successful party, there are a few important things you should know:
- The Parlour may be booked up to 12 months ahead of the occasion.
- The Parlour is unsuited to those with mobility problems as the only access is via a steep staircase.
- Similarly, and to prevent accidents, small children are not permitted: they must be 10 years or over.
- The Parlour seats a minimum of eight people and a maximum of 12 people at the rectangular table.
- The Parlour is only available for a sit-down lunch or dinner. It is not available for drinks parties, funeral teas, etc.
- With notice we can provide a table flower arrangement. Guests are welcome to choose the colour palette. The cost of 55.0 is payable in advance and non-returnable.
- Candles and/or tealights may not be employed.
- Guests are welcome to supply their own place cards in advance.
- No outside catering is permitted, i.e. cakes. We present a complimentary cupcake with candle to the birthday or anniversary persons.
- All beverages, including beer, water, champagne, prosecco, wine and spirits must be purchased from Watson and Walpole.
- Please make sure you and your guests arrive at the time specified on booking. We will not wait for latecomers but will start serving the meal as planned in order to ensure a smooth experience for your party, as well as other restaurant guests.
- All menu choices, including vegan or special requests, and wine and water choices, must be confirmed 14 days ahead of the event.
How it works ... the costs and cancellation terms
- To avoid misunderstandings and ensure a successful party, please read:
- All notification of cancellation, part-cancellation, change of date or numbers, menu or wine selection and/or any other requests or changes MUST be made by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. They will only be considered valid on receipt of confirmation from a Watson and Walpole manager or director.
- A deposit of £250 is required at the time of booking.
- The deposit of £250 will be repaid in full if an entire cancellation of the event is made and acknowledged at least 14 days prior to the date of the booking.
- The entire deposit is forfeit should notice of cancellation or part-cancellation is made inside the 14-day period.
- If within the 14-day notice period numbers fall below the minimum of eight people we will try to accommodate your party in the main restaurant but the deposit of £250 for the hire of the Parlour will be forfeit.
- Credit card details will be asked for at the time of booking and kept securely.
- Final numbers must be confirmed 14 days in advance of the event.
- All menu choices, including vegan or special requests, and wine and water choices, must be confirmed 14 days in advance of the event.
- All agreed and known menu and wine charges will be charged to the credit card given 14 days prior to the event.
- Notice of any reduction in numbers but still above the minimum of eight persons must be notified 72 hours in advance or the full cost of each absentee person will be charged.
- All extra costs and/or the outstanding balance will be charged to the credit card given directly after the event, unless an alternative credit card or viable form of payment is offered.
- Any and/or all outstanding balances are the responsibility of the organiser as specified in the booking agreement.
- The organiser will be responsible for payment of any damages to the Parlour or its furnishings.